The best laid plans....

If all had gone as planned I’d have been leaving my home in Sarasota about now (4:00 p.m. Monday 31st October) and heading over to Tampa International Airport.

From there I was to have flown to Sydney, Australia via Dallas/Fort Worth.  Unfortunately I had chosen to fly on Qantas  -  which airline was shut down by management for a few days.  So I’ve had to postpone -  to a date yet to be determined.

Qantas will honour my ticket at any time until mid-June 2012.  I had to cancel a railway round-trip (Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney), and a day trip out of Melbourne along the Great Cost Road.

Having Skype makes long distance calls inexpensive -  which is just as well as I was on the ‘phone to Australian numbers for just about three hours yesterday morning.

I am happy to report the staff of Countrylink (Railway) and Great West Tours (day trip) were a delight to speak with.  They were understanding and incredibly efficient in cancelling my bookings and refunding my money.

I’ve not had such good luck with the Hotel in Sydney where I was to have spent four nights.  I’ve been in touch with them by ‘phone and e-mail, but they’ve been unable to retrieve my reservations (for which I have paid).

It’s been a wee bit disappointing, and a bit more frustrating  (the long phone calls etc) but on the whole I’ve been able to shrug my shoulders and say “there’s nowt you can do ‘bout it).

I’ll re-schedule just as soon as I’ve heard from my friends Andrew and Felicity in Melbourne as to what time/s will be convenient for them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"