The best laid plans part two

Continued from yesterday....

I’ve been feeling just a wee bit sad today thinking that I should by now been on the ground in Australia.  But life goes on.

As you saw,  I opted yesterday to postpone my reservation with Qantas.  They had a proviso that I would have to make up the difference should prices be higher.  They are!

We are just entering into Australian Spring and Summer, and between now and next May fares are about 25% higher than I had paid.  
The next time they come down to my price range is in late May/early June 2012.

So I have asked for a refund.  I’d rather have the money in my bank account than in Qantas’ coffers!

I will think about taking the trip next year. 

As it happens, my friends Andrew and Felicity from Melbourne will be on sabbatical at Yale University, New Haven, CT next year Jan – May.  So I’ll get to see them here in the U.S.A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"