My house guest got a job ----- Ethical thinking is difficult.


So ---- today my Peruvian  friend German got a new job with the most famous of American Pay-Day Loan Companies.

The Company will train him (with pay) next week in TPA, and pay for his hotel room as he is trained. 

Then he will be assigned to a local office within 25 miles of SRQ with pay at $14 per hours (not bad these days). After 90 days he will be eligible for health insurance benefits.

As much as I dislike the Pay-Day Loan Companies, I am glad that German has landed on his feet.

Ethical consistency is not easy.

Therefore it is  impossible to reconcile my dislike of  Pay-Day Loan Companies with my joy that German has landed a job.

I have to live in the balance between my dislike of some enterprises and my concern and care for German. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"