Car troubles/Escargot?

It was on Saturday 26th April 2014, a hot day,  that after driving here and there, and finally  getting back to my car-port that  I noticed something  which smelled like burning, emanating  from the bonnet/hood of my car.  I put it down to the heat of the day.


I noticed the same smell on Sunday 27th after driving to Church, and then taking a 25 minute drive to a rehab hospital where I shared Communion with a fellow parishioner from St. Boniface, Siesta Key FL.  

But like many or most car owners who observe possible malfunctions  in their vehicles I thought "perhaps if I ignore it, this problem will go away".

An early morning trip to a nearby Supermarket this morning (Monday 28th) dis-abused me of that notion - the smell was still there.

So I  decided to take my 2006 Hyundai to my local and very reliable repair shop - Sam's Auto. -  so that they could diagnose the cause of this smell.

En route to Sam's I drove into the parking lot of a local shopping plaza where I  decided to "pop the bonnet/hood" and get a good sniff afore I arrived at Sam's.

I saw the source and cause of the burning instantly.  Three or four snails had decided that my car's engine compartment was just the place to rest/sleep/hibernate.

I had been smelling roasted snails and snail shells.

I feel sorry for these escargots, but I am happy that I do not have to "shell out" a small fortune at Sam's, (a wee pun!.)

From this time forward I will tell my friends and acquaintances  that I drive a Hyundai Escargot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"