Cats and Pianos

I was awakened at 2:45 a.m. this morning (Nov 21st) by the sound of my junior cat Adelaide as she trotted along the keyboard of my piano, (our so I thought).

But when I became fully awake I remembered that I do not own a piano.

What I had heard was the nine fold (three quarter hour)  chimes of my mantle clock.

And I heard those chimes again:  at 3:00, 3:15, 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15 and 4:30.

I am certain that I was dozing/sleeping in between these quarter hour chimes.

But by 4:30 a.m. I'd had enough.

It was the time to get out of bed, and then to greet and enjoy a new day.

That I have done, but now (almost sixteen hours later) I am more than ready for bed and a good night's sleep.

"Night,night
Sleep tight
Mind the bugs
Do not bite"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"