My missing blazer, and Neil Page

Last Sunday (1st February 2015) I wrote this on my blog (and posted it to Facebook).

It's been a wee bit chilly (by our standards) today, so I thought it wise to wear a blazer, alongside my slacks and short sleeved shirt (for Church in the morning, and for the Symphony Concert in the afternoon)

Trouble was, I could not find my one and only blazer, which I purchased from our "Goodwill" charity shop five or six years ago,   Lord knows what happened to it.

Did I leave it somewhere? Did I jettison it? Is it at the cleaners? (Doubtful 'cause I always keep the dry cleaner's receipt in my car  - poking out of the never used ash tray, and because the cleaner would have 'phoned me by now had I failed to retrieve it).  


I thought that a blazer would be appropriately smart  and necessary clothing for the Concert, so after Church, I went up to "Goodwill", a fine place for pre-owned clothing, and got a nice blue blazer - just the right sleeve length - for the princely sum of $6.49.
 
Neil Page, the Director of Music at St. Boniface Church in Sarasota FL,  (where I hang my hat) saw my Facebook entry, and noted that he had seen a blazer, on a hanger in the vesting room at St. B's.
 
It was indeed my blazer, (which I had last  worn on Jan 11th when I was the Presider and Preacher at St. B's 7:45 Eucharist, and the Preacher at 9:00) , and subsequently  left it in the Cleric's vesting room
 
I retrieved it this morning,, (thanks Neil).

 So now I  own two "fairly decent" blazers, each purchased at Goodwill.

-----------------------------------------------------

                                                            
"If you have two coats, give one away," he (Jesus)  said in St. Luke's Gospel Chapter 3.

 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"