Baseball and Turnips

My good friend and colleague Wes Wasdyke called me yesterday to ask if I would care to join him at a baseball game on Tuesday 17th,  (Orioles v Twins) here in SRQ.

It was a kind offer, but I turned him down, because the game would have been completely wasted on me.

He told me that Cindy Wasdyke had advised him not to call me, saying that "Michael hates sports".

I had to tell Wes that I do not hate sports, but that I am mostly indifferent to them.

I added, "sports for me are a bit like turnips.  They have their place, but I can no more be devoted to sports than I can be passionate about turnips".



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"