Silence, a Hawk, and Lydia.




1.  I have kept silence for two days, fearful that I would say too much or too little about:

a.  The British General Election (disastrous from the point of view of this unrepentant "leftie").

b.  The fabulous novels of the English author Ian McEwan (I have just "discovered" him, and will no doubt wax critically eloquent about his books ere long- you have been warned!)

c.  The sad implosion of the Church I attend. (Maybe more about this later -  when the dust has settled).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.  At 11:00 a.m. today I began to walk the  1/3 of a mile to the home of my friends Bill and Pat for the lovely Mother's Day Brunch they had prepared.

I encountered three young lads  (maybe aged 13-15) who were fishing at the east end of the pond in Bill and Pat's "development". 

They called me over.  These nice lads were beside themselves  because a Hawk had suddenly and dramatically dropped to the ground, right where they were fishing.

It was clear that the Hawk was badly injured.  The lads asked me what they should do to help the bird.

Fortunately I was carrying my mobile 'phone, into which I had entered  the "non-emergency"  Police Dept. 'phone number.  I suggested that if they called this number they might be enabled to get help from the Sarasota County Animal Services Dept.  It was the least and the best I could do.

Now I am hoping that I will again encounter these nice boys, to hear the rest of the story.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.  When all else fails, Lydia will never let me down.  I have watched this video so many times.  I never fails to make me laugh.


https://youtu.be/n4zRe_wvJw8https://youtu.be/n4zRe_wvJw8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"