I refuse to smile

I refuse to smile, for when eating salad (of all things) at lunch today, one of my lower teeth broke.

Thus my usual winning and attractive smile (!! LOL !! )  is alloyed, at least until I see Timothy Mercer D.M.D.  asap.

Crummy Selfie.


SMILES APART
 
 
I was in my local 7/11 store this afternoon to purchase this and that (but not the other).
 
 
The Clerk (Assistant), a woman in her early forties, greeted me with these gracious and professional words:  "Wassup Honey? ".  
 
I could do no more than to burst out laughing at her (let's say) unconventional  greeting. Maybe, with one tooth missing I looked more like a "honey", than an utterly respectable Episcopal Priest.
 
 I giggle even as I write this, with my very silly tongue in one cheek.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
ON A MORE SAD NOTE  (tongue in cheek again)  I finally "binned" (as they say in England)  a lighter which I bought in Viet Nam a few years ago.
 
It has long since ceased to work, but I had held on to it as a happy souvenir of my stay in Ho Chi Minh City (Sai- gon),   and the convenience store across the street from my Hotel.
 
I so much enjoyed being in Viet Nam.  I would love to return there, if I could  get off the beaten tourist track.
 
 
 
 

 



Comments

  1. Your letter to the Boston Globe was published!
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2015/06/26/commonwealth-needs-new-moniker/2hKHIbXDnFEWxvcDRgRg3K/story.html

    cheers from another resident of the "I told you so" state - Joan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"