Sunday, 28 June 2015

I refuse to smile

I refuse to smile, for when eating salad (of all things) at lunch today, one of my lower teeth broke.

Thus my usual winning and attractive smile (!! LOL !! )  is alloyed, at least until I see Timothy Mercer D.M.D.  asap.

Crummy Selfie.


SMILES APART
 
 
I was in my local 7/11 store this afternoon to purchase this and that (but not the other).
 
 
The Clerk (Assistant), a woman in her early forties, greeted me with these gracious and professional words:  "Wassup Honey? ".  
 
I could do no more than to burst out laughing at her (let's say) unconventional  greeting. Maybe, with one tooth missing I looked more like a "honey", than an utterly respectable Episcopal Priest.
 
 I giggle even as I write this, with my very silly tongue in one cheek.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
ON A MORE SAD NOTE  (tongue in cheek again)  I finally "binned" (as they say in England)  a lighter which I bought in Viet Nam a few years ago.
 
It has long since ceased to work, but I had held on to it as a happy souvenir of my stay in Ho Chi Minh City (Sai- gon),   and the convenience store across the street from my Hotel.
 
I so much enjoyed being in Viet Nam.  I would love to return there, if I could  get off the beaten tourist track.
 
 
 
 

 



1 comment:

  1. Your letter to the Boston Globe was published!
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2015/06/26/commonwealth-needs-new-moniker/2hKHIbXDnFEWxvcDRgRg3K/story.html

    cheers from another resident of the "I told you so" state - Joan

    ReplyDelete