Monday, 29 June 2015

Uneasy lies the tooth that wears a crown. **

So, I did not break a tooth when I was eating my salad lunch yesterday.  Turns out that a crown got separated from its base.  This is good news.

Even better news is that when I called the office of my Dentist at 8:40 a.m. today (29th June 2015)  I was able to get an appointment for 4:00 p.m.

(Imagine that, you call a Dentist's office at 8:40 a.m., and get an appointment for 4:00 p.m. on the same day).

My Dentist,  the estimable Dr. Timothy Mercer,  (I admire his skills and I  like his "bedside manner") identified the problem.

(In truth  one of his dental hygienists did most of the work)

Dr, Mercer has a good professional relationship with a local Endodontist   Dr. Raul Ortiz, (the man who took care of my recent root canal work).

Thus it is that I will see Dr. Ortiz on Tuesday 30th June at 11:30 a.m. (I also  admire Dr, Ortiz's  skills,  and I  like his "bedside manner") .
What ho! : - My Dentist today. An Endodontist  tomorrow.

I am so damn lucky to have such good dental insurance, and  to live in a Town where skilled medical professionals are a dime a dozen.

I am so very lucky, so very blessed, and so very grateful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown" is a quotation from William Shakespeare's
Henry IV)

No comments:

Post a Comment