Peaches and MInt

I bought four or five under ripe peaches, hoping that they would ripen up (by the brown paper bag method).

It soon became clear that my hopes for home-ripened peaches was in vain.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They say "waste not, want not".

So I de-pitted and chopped these recalcitrant fruits,

Then I stewed them.

After they had cooled and chilled,  I mixed in some finely chopped fresh mint, and a bit of honey.

Even though I say it myself -  they were delicious!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
And as I have always said (here I giggle)
 
 
"Waste not, want not".
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"