Friday, 3 July 2015

Peaches and MInt

I bought four or five under ripe peaches, hoping that they would ripen up (by the brown paper bag method).

It soon became clear that my hopes for home-ripened peaches was in vain.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They say "waste not, want not".

So I de-pitted and chopped these recalcitrant fruits,

Then I stewed them.

After they had cooled and chilled,  I mixed in some finely chopped fresh mint, and a bit of honey.

Even though I say it myself -  they were delicious!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
And as I have always said (here I giggle)
 
 
"Waste not, want not".
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment