This, that and the other. (My Day)

I spent some time with my local attorney this afternoon to make sure that all my ducks are in a line regarding my death, burial, and the disposition of my estate,  (I do this about every five years).

I arrived early, thinking that my appointment was for 2:00 p.m, when in fact it was for 2:30 p.m.

Never mind, my Attorney needed a witness for another client's documents, I was glad to be there and to add my "John Hancock" as witness to the signature of a client I had never met before, and will most likely never meet again.   It's nice to be useful!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 30th April  I 'll be officiating at a funeral for a deceased St, Boniface parishioner.  I have been out of this loop for many years so I've had to remember that I am not the "Priest-in-Charge at St. B's, and that I've had to get the approval from our Interim Rector for all the plans I am making with the deceased man's only child,

This is appropriate and fine -  just so long as I remember that I do not have the autonomy of a Rector or Priest-in-Charge.  I am a "Priest in Residence" who serves at the pleasure of our Priest, who necessarily defers to his his judgment,

I do this gladly, knowing that the Funeral service itself, important as it is, is but a precursor  to the on-going pastoral care with and for the bereaved daughter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new fracquaintance named John  moved from New Jersey about six months ago to be with his partner Rick.

John found employment in the shoe department  of a national Departmental Store at our local University Center Mall,    It was an "O.K" job  ---  just "O.K".

Last week he interviewed for his "dream job" with an I,T. company.  Yesterday he learned that he had been hired,

'Tis terrific,  Regular hours (unlike those at the Departmental Store),better pay, and super benefits

I am so very happy for John and for his partner,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walked Penne this evening we rounded a "blind corner" just as  woman came around that corner in the opposite direction.

She was with her  Maltese, the dog which Penne attacked last October.

Penne lunged in for another  attack. I was able to restrain her, and no damage was done.

But 'tis all very odd.  Penne is so wary of all  other  dogs, (except that  she is smitten  with Louis and Vuitton, , the two male standard Poodles we encounter most days).

I wonder "what is it about the wee Maltese which brings forth Penne's aggression?.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now

St. Boniface Church, Siesta Key, FL 

.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"