Of Greyhounds and a cat

I miss my pal Ben.  He is a great dog, and I am sorry that his separation anxiety problem made it impossible for me to keep him.



The Racing Dog Rescue Program folks agree that I made a wise decision, and they tell me that he has settled well in his new home where he has a greyhound companion.

RDRP had a meet and greet session at Pet Smart this morning.

http://rdrp.org/event/meet-greet-at-petsmart-srq/?instance_id=202

I went there in the hope that Ben and his  new family would be there, and because I wanted to make a small donation to RDRP,

Ben was not there, but I got my greyhound fix.  As I scratched the head and haunches of one of the beasts he pressed his body into my legs.  That was so good.  I was tempted to say "come home and live with me".  I resisted that temptation because I should not have a dog in my home until after my summer and early autumn travels...  but I was on the brink!

----------------------------------------------------------------


Meanwhile Adelaide is a bit out of sorts.  She hasn't eaten all day (even when I tempted her with a bit of tasty tuna); she's been yowling a bit, and hiding herself in quiet places.

Late this afternoon I saw that she is limping a wee bit.  I tend not to think that any of her limbs are broken because she has been quite capable of jumping up to a window sill  (not the one in the picture above); and into a pile of towels in my linen closet.

I've made her a comfortable bed in the screened in porch, where she has food, drink, and a litter box. I'll "let it be"until Monday (unless she shows signs of deep distress).

In the meantime I have given Adelaide a lot of snuggles  She likes this.  (and as my family members who have visited me from the U.K. know, I like/d my cat/s  (including the late lamented Ada), but I am not much of a cat snuggler.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"