Good Cod! (Povey huma)

I was at a local market yesterday to buy 1lb of Cod at a good price.  (As an Englishman and a one time Massachusetts resident  I am crazy about Cod.)

The mid-twenties fishmonger asked for my order.  I replied "1lb of Cod please".

He responded "did you say Cod or Salmon?":

"Cod" I said.

The young man countered with "I thought you said Cod, but you were looking at the Salmon".

I retorted "I asked for Cod, and please do not mock me because I am cross-eyed".

He "got" my huma. He could scarcely weigh my Cod for his laughter!

LUVIT!

( I used the cod today to make some Codfish cakes.  Yum. yum!!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"