Mission accomplished

The procedure to insert a stent into my left Iliac artery (not the one on the right as I said yesterday) went well.

The blockage was  (in the words of the Surgeon) as "hard as a stone", so it took 90 instead of 60 minutes. The surgeon is a bit of a cold fish.  His support staff are warm and friendly.

I was sedated (not anesthetized) as I had to obey certain instructions during the surgery.

There were a few painful episodes  (but to be sneezed at on the scale of world pain). I "comforted"myself by saying "well at least you are not giving birth to quintuplets".

I had time to reflect on the fact that for these few hours I had no control over my body and my life.  My feet and lower legs were tied together  (don't want involuntary movements during the surgery you know) and my arms and hands secured in operating table side channels).

I had no control, and I had to trust others.

Post surgery I had to remain prone for two hours.  The Registered Nurse on duty was simply splendid. I liked her gracious professionalism.

(Me too?).  As I rested I listened as two female R.N.'s talked of the verbal sexual harassment they sometimes have to endure from male patients. Seems to me that we need a "Patients Code of Conduct".

How very disgraceful that professional trained women are treated with dirty comments and lascivious looks from nasty men.

Post surgery I've been instructed not to drive or drink alcohol for twenty four hours.  That's no hardship.   I am still quite sore from the incision, and somewhat nauseous (from the sedation medicine?).

I haven't been able to face food, but I did have a refreshing Italian Ice for dinner.





It's 6:00 p.m. and I am off to bed,  with gratitude...

.. for the staff at Sarasota Vascular Associates

.. for excellent health care insurance

.. for Barbara who drove me to the clinic

..for Rick who drove me home

..for you and your love and prayers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am supposed to adopt Zion on Friday.  If I am still sore I'll put it off until Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"