So long, it's been good to know you/ Getting my fix.



So long  to my favourite trousers.  They have been with me to the U.K., Norway, Vietnam, Ecuador and Australia.  I  would describe them as "easy on/easy off".  Now there are holes which you cannot see, and cuffs/turn-ups  in terrible and unrepairable condition. It fell to my duty to put them in the trash today.

(Is holding on to old, beloved  and well worn clothes a male thing, or a human thing?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sans a dog I've been getting my fix by lurking in the neighbourhood to greet and be sweet with other canines.

I've struck out today with Seamus (Irish Terrier); Shorty (Cairn Terrier); Annie and Kate (Black Labs); Louis and Vittone (Standard Poodles), and Maggie (Schnauzer), and a gorgeous Greyhound whose name I do not know.

I am shameless about this!  

(My U.K. family members know that I was never a great dog lover, but the fabulous Penne, my friend for nine years  changed my mind.)

Oh how I mis her!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"