Out patient surgery on Thursday 18th Jan

At Sarasota Vascular Associates, 7:30 a.m. on what will be a cold and frosty morning. (31f forecast for Sarasota),cold by our Florida standards!

It will be to insert a stent into the Iliac artery which feeds blood to my legs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The iliac artery is located just to the left side of the body of the fourth lumbar vertebra, where the abdominal aorta divides into two arteries. These again divide as they descend from the end of the aorta and each divides, between the last lumbar vertebra and the sacrum, into the external iliac artery, which supplies blood to much of the lower limbs.



This is not me!

My early bird neighbour Barbara will drive me to the clinic.

My good pal Rick will drive me home.

It's routine surgery, but I am more than a wee bit anxious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime I got a call from the Humane Society to tell me that Zion is now free of heart worm and ready for adoption.


It didn't seem wise to welcome into my home until after my surgery, so I will pick him up on Friday at 11:00 when the Humane Society opens its doors, (and not a minute later!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"