When yer younger brother is a wise guy/smart ass.

Brother Andy (six years younger than I) and his wife Izzy came from Bristol U.K. to visit me in SRQ last December.

We had a great time.

Andy sent me a thank you gift.  It arrived today (Jan 12th 2018)

He'd told me in advance about the gift (and I feared that it might be something to wear).

That was not the case (phew!), 

Instead it was a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle about a home town football (soccer) club.



HOW VERY NICE you might think, except that in my home town there are two football (soccer) clubs, and they are mortal enemies.


Andy has the misfortune to be a fan of  the  Bristol Rovers Football club.

I am a fan of the greatly superior Bristol City Football Club!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brother Andy was ranking on me, as only brothers can do. 

I love it!  I grinned from ear to ear when I opened the parcel. I love his teasing. 

Thanks Andy. I'll work on the puzzle when I am snow bound in Sarasota! 

But you should have sent me the 100 piece  puzzle for the under five year olds
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love you Andy.  Love yer fraternal humour!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"