An honourable businessman (and other musings).

I had contracted with one Mike H to train Izzy.

He was disappointed that I had surrendered Izzy to HSSC and not continued with his training method.

The contract I signed stipulated "no refunds under any circumstances".  Nevertheless he insisted on refunding 3/4  of my not inexpensive fee.

That, as we might say in England "was awfully decent of him".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I miss having Izzy in my home.  I took an early morning nap today.  When I woke up I said out loud "Oh Izzy, I forgot to take you for a walk this morning".

Then I remembered that Izzy no longer lives with me.

I miss her.

I need a dog in my home and life. Maybe Zion will take up residence by Jan 20th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile  Adelaide the cat is having a field day.  She got revenge for her involuntary confinement by walking through the kitchen floor which I had just wet mopped, and then leaving her paw marks all over the house.

She is back to her old teasing tricks by which she comes close to me, utters a plaintive miaow, and then runs away when I try to pet her.

But on the other hand,  when I was reading this afternoon she jumped onto the coffee table, and from there to my lap for a bit of TLC.

We live with cats on their terms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I had lunch at the Oasis Cafe on South Osprey with St. Boniface friend Meade F; stopped by to see friends Jack and Donna (both in ill health) -   (they were not at home, but I left them some goodies) ;  and had a evening  snifter with newish neighbours John and Janice.

It's good to get out and about.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This picture is apropos nothing, but I thought that it would draw your attention  I have been fooling around with various settings on my I pad. This one is called Kaleidescope.,




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"