I faked it and barely made it



On Thursday 19th Zion and I met my neighbours John and Janice for a glass of wine and some good conversation at the nearby Meadows Pub and Grill.  

It was a pleasant occasion (I had one glass of Merlot @ $4 and made it last for ninety minutes!)

A gentleman came up to our outdoor table and said "Hallo Michael, it's Tim".   Tim and I exchanged greetings and small talk. 

He moved away and I said to J and J "I haven't the slightest idea who that was".

As John, Janice and I left we encountered Tim and his wife. The wife said "so here's the therapy dog".

A light went on in  my dim brain.   I had shared a table with them two days before at a Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon given by Anchin Pavilion.  There I had enjoyed their table fellowship.

I covered my traces by remembering that they were to drive north to Ohio on Friday 20th, and by wishing them bon voyage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"