What Race?

I was at my Vascular Doctor's office today.

When I got home I checked the printed "Summary of Today's Visit"

Here is what I saw

Gender:Male

Race:White

Ethnicity: Not Hispanic or Latino

Preferred Language: English

I found the description of my ethnicity to be  mildly amusing, (defined by what I am not!),  and very sad. 

If I am "not Hispanic or Latino" what am I? Native American?  Pacific American? .  

Why must my supposed ethnicity be a matter of concern for any doctor, or butcher, or baker, or candlestick maker?!

Would a Hispanic patient be identified as "not Anglo"?

The identification of my race as "White" made me hopping made.

There is no such thing as the White Race.  It is a construct created by European Colonialists/Slave Traders/Slave Owners to justify their supposed superiority.

It is a White Supremacist notion enshrined in the American Constitution; in the defence of Slavery; and in the Jim Crow laws; and blessed by many Churches, (even to this day).

I am not a member of the White Race.  I am a light skinned member of the Human Race.

If my Doctor will not change this I will find another one.

PLEASE CHECK THE BRIEF VIDEO BELOW.













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"