BRISTOL U.K. a native's pride.

Now that I live in the American south I can say "you-all" know that I am immensely proud to be a native of the "mother of all Bristols", i,e. Bristol, U.K.

There are many places in the world which are named for my home town -  a place for adventurers, traders, sailors and slavers. See this:



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_places_called_Bristol

My Staten Island cousin Kippy reminded me that there are a goodly number of towns and cities in the U.S.A, which are named for Bristol U.K.  (where her father was born).


Here are some of them:
Bristol, Rhode Island  (probably the loveliest of the American Bristols0
Bristol Pennsylvania --  least said soonest mended, 

Bristol, Maine.

Bristol, New Hampshire



Bristol Connecticut.  Was/is the HQ for the TV Sports network ESPN.  Former vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin was such a fan of ESPN that she named her daughter "Bristol"


Bristol Virginia and Tennessee. One physical entity but two independent and separate municipalities .  On one side of the  main street you are in Virginia, on the other in Tennessee.
Bristol, Florida (in the panhandle).  Blink as you drive through it, and you will miss it.  I know -  I once  zoomed through this tiniest Bristol of them all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"