Parting is such sweet sorrow

My five family members took British Air Flight 2166 on Mon 15th, leaving TPA a tad late and arriving LGW a bit early.



My home seems very lonely. Zion will not let me out of his sight. 

He now has only one person, rather than five, to make a fuss of him 

(Have I ever told you that I have a dog named Zion?!!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I moved to the U.S.A. from the U.K. in 1976 my mum was sad but she kept a stiff upper lip.

Much later she told me that my move brought her great benefit.  She visited me here at least seven times, and in the process made new and good friends, thus enriching her life.

Over the years eight of my nine siblings, together with various nieces, nephews,  and in-laws have crossed the Atlantic to visit with me in places such as Fitchburg MA, Chicopee MA, Pittsfield MA, Cambridge MA and Sarasota FL.

They have been good visits, but when they have ended parting has always been such sweet sorrow.

The sadness creeps in when one launders the guests' sheets and towels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"