A visitor to "my park"



Zion and I walk each day (sometimes three times) in a not well known jewel of the City of Sarasota - Arlington Park.  It's a lovely place, not immaculately groomed like many urban parks, but more like a bit of rural Florida in the middle of a City.

We know many of the other "regulars" and their dogs but we encountered a stranger last week.

Stock photo', not mine

It was an American Mink, instantly recognisable by her/his bounding gait and swimming skills.

My best guess, based on his/her size is that she/he was a "farmed" mink - raised for the pelt  (UGH)  who broke loose.

Wikipedia tells me that minks are usually nocturnal and are solitary animals.

So it was a treat to see one in my park!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"