I met a ... what?

Zion and I took a pleasant walk down at Sarasota's Bayfront Park this afternoon.

As we walked we were joined by a young man who was attracted by Z's good looks and gentle demeanor (surprise, surprise, that rarely happens!!).

Turns out that the young man was on holiday from bitterly cold Wisconsin. I apologised because we had not turned up the heat for him but he was at a good comfort level in shorts and a tee shirt.

We made our way back to the parking lot and chatted a bit about our lives and backgrounds.  I told him that I like Sarasota, but that I miss the hills, valleys, rivers and streams of Massachusetts.


"Especially", I said, "I miss the spring snowdrops, daffodils, tulips, narcissi etc and most of all the lilacs and their gorgeous fragrance which fills the air after a spring rain shower".  

At which he became lively and animated.  He told me that his chosen career was as a perfumer.  He works all alone; creating new perfumes, learning about chemistry and about business models.


It pays to walk, it pays to talk, and it's all a bit easier when you have a handsome and gentle dog!

When I got back to my car I shook his hand and said "by the way, my name is Michael".  "That's mine too" he responded.   No wonder we liked each other.

Well I never.  What a pleasant and unexpected encounter!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"