(The check/cheque) IS IN THE MAIL/POST (part 1)

Just over a year ago my friend Rick P gave me a one year (2018) subscription to The New Yorker.  What a fine gift.

Although I have fuss-pot tendencies I didn't have a spread sheet on which to mark the safe arrival of each weekly issue (or the two annual editions which each cover two weeks).

So what a surprise when two editions arrived in my mail box on Friday  11th Jan 2019.




Where the blazes have these been since July and October?  Did someone find them in a dusty corner of a sorting office, or hidden away in a mail van?

I'll never know.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"