I Made A Lemon Posset

Until a few days ago I had never heard of the traditional and fairly ancient Anglo/Scottish dessert called POSSET.  (Shakespeare mentions it in Macbeth).

My good pal Rick P. put me on to posset, so I made some today.


I hope that you like my elegant ramekins!

'Tis truly delicious. That has nothing to do with my culinary skills -- it's all in the recipe.

There are many variants, but this is how I made it (using U.S.A. measurements)

I brought three cups of heavy whipping cream, and one cup of confectioners sugar  to a very slow boil.  At boiling point I added the juice of three lemons (and a bit of lemon zest), then stirred the mixture well.

Next I put in all into a large glass jug, then cooled it before pouring it into my er·satz ramekins.

These I placed in the fridge to cool and coagulate for five hours.

Not bad?    Maybe.

Very good?  yes indeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"