My favourite cheese

My favourite cheese is Morbier, from France.

Read about it here

http://www.fromages-france.com/en/cheeses/morbier/


It looks like this:



You can see the charcoal ash line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to be able to buy Morbier at Whole Foods Market.  They ceased to carry it, telling me that the (American) Food and Drug Administration had banned its import on the grounds that it is made from raw milk.

Be that as it may I found a Fine Foods Company in Miami, FL which (despite what the FDA says) is able to import the real thing! 

Oh joy. Oh bliss.

https://laubry.com

I had a sumptuous lunch today (Duck Breast with Fava (Broad) Beans from Laubrys) and heirloom mushrooms .  More about my good lunch tomorrow.

Having feasted well today at mid-day I enjoyed a simple evening meal


Toasted bread with Morbier Cheese and "Compari" brand tomatoes.

May I say "yum"?


Indeed I will say YUM!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"