Memory failure - re Dundee Marmalade



A few weeks ago a friend, (I remember that it was a woman), lamented that she could not find Dundee Marmalade in the stores.

I spied some today at my local Publix Supermarket, and bought a jar (for her).

Now, in my older age and subject to brain-farts, I cannot remember the name of the woman who lamented her inability to find this product.

If it was you, please call me.  I'd hate to waste it.

Speaking of Marmalade -  as one often does....   I was never fond of it as a child.

Mum loved it and would buy the U.K. Robertson's brand Marmalade: "Silver Shred" (lemon based), and "Golden Shred" (orange based) to spread on her morning toast,






I did not like the marmalade because of the "worms" as I called them;  (the wee bits of orange or lemon skin in the marmalade.

Strangely enough, my objections to "marmalade worms" did not extend to Rose's Lime Marmalade which I enjoyed.




Those who are, or have been parents will not be surprised.  They know that children are bafflingly  inconsistent about their food preferences.

Remember of course that Ralph Waldo Emerson said: “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." (but read the entire quotation to understand what he meant).

In the meantime, please call me if you are the person who longed for a jar of Dundee Marmalade.  I won't eat it .....  the worms are too big!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"