Being Careful is Not Always Enough - but There Is Help

 


I recently renewed my Drivers Licence on line.

I thought that I had this; but unfortunately I was on a site which mimicked the real site; not the genuine article.

The real FLHSMW  site caught this and notified me by mail. They had noticed that my payment was from an 'Out of State'  Credit Card.

Oddly enough the  mimic site had taken monies  from my Credit card and then forwarded my  info and payment to the real site. I am not out of pocket, and after a good conversation with  FHLSMW my license will be renewed for seven years. 

FHLSMW will flag the licence so that should (for instance) I should lose the licence I will not be able to replace it on line, and will have to do so in person at the Sarasota County site. A good safeguard.

In the meantime I have disabled the credit card, and a new one with a new number will be issued,

This will leave the mimic site with my full name and address, and drivers licence #, and not much more. 

I trust that they will not be able to do any further  damage  with this more or less public information,  

We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"