Credo: first report









With two former Western Mass
colleagues, at CREDO
Dennis Ford and Mary Lyle Sweet Page

I have just returned from CREDO # 156 at Delray Beach, Florida, (a four hour drive from my home)

For more information about CREDO see

http://www.episcopalcredo.org/about.us/





I’ll write about the Conference every day this week.


For now, I’ll tell you about the moment the ice was broken.

Conference attendee Alan Grant of Minneapolis was talking. He told us about his recent bout with prostate cancer, and the removal of a cancerous place on the tip of his tongue.

He said: “because I had surgery on the tip of my tongue I talk funny. If you can’t understand me --- tough shit”.

From then onwards we each let down our guards!

A couple of days later Alan came up to me and without explanation began to recite a very old limerick. I’d heard the limerick years ago, but was still reduced to helpless giggles


“On the chest of a barmaid from Yale
were tattooed all the prices of ale;
and on her behind
for the sake of the blind,
was the same information in Braille.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"