Wee frustrations

I've been using Facebook since March.  I find it to be a useful tool, a way of keeping in touch with friends.

But I could not access Facebook today. I began to think that it was "the end of the world".

It took me about three hours and many "tries" before the system was restored.

I felt to be so frustrated.

I believe that it was a very self centered feeling on my part, especially  as I consider the brave souls who live under oppressive regimes, and who rely on Facebook and other social networks as a means to express their longings for political and economic freedoms.

My lack of access to Facebook was no more that a "wee frustration".  Theirs is often a matter of life and death.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"