Five years later- moving on

Five years ago today (June 14th 2006) the Movers came to my home in Medford, MA and packed their truck with all my furniture and other belongings.

It was the last day of my ownership of 520 High St, Medford, MA.

Later that day the new owner did her “walk through”, and declared herself to be satisfied.

My brothers Stephen and Martyn were visiting me from England – having wonderfully decided to be with me at the time of my retirement.

“Homeless” for the while, I stayed that night in a Motel in Bedford, MA, as did Stephen and Martyn.   That evening we drove from Bedford into the North End of Boston and had dinner at “La Famiglia Giorgio”.

The next morning (June 15th 2006) I signed the final papers for the sale of 520 High St, Medford, MA, and then flew down to Sarasota to sign the papers for my purchase of 3901 Glen Oaks Drive, Sarasota, FL.

So I have now been “retired” for five years.  I am “gladder than glad” that I was able to do so at the relatively young age of 62.

These past five years have enabled me to enjoy life as never before. For that I am grateful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"