Now I lay me down to sleep.

So, as I was trying to settle down to sleep last night (Oct 19th) I heard rain.

That caused me to get up to shut some windows.

Before I could do that, I discovered Junior cat Ada in the very act of stealing the dog's food in the un-lighted  house.

Just as soon as I turn on a light she scurried away, guilt writ large on her face. "Cats love darkness rather than light because their deed are evil"  (or naturally feline).

I went outside for a moment.  We've not had rain for about a month, so the smell of the gentle rain on the parched earth was simply delicious.

And the rain  dripping off the roof made for a lovely sight, and for gentle sounds.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"