Surplus of carrots

Yesterday my pal Bob gave me a big bag of those "baby cut" carrots,

 ( see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_carrot )

Bob always had a good store of them in  his home because his sweet Westie "Maggie"  (full name Margaret Rose -  after Q.E. II's sister) would eat one or two each evening as a bedtime snack. 

Sadly to  say Maggie is with us no more after her health rapidly declined,  as a result of kidney failure.

Today (Friday) I grated some of them and made a cold carrot salad with raisins, finely chopped pineapple and a bit of mayonnaise.  Went down well with some salmon which I had poached earlier in the day and then ate cold, and with some good tomatoes which I lavished with fresh basil.

I dressed the salmon with a simple sauce which I made with mayonnaise and sweet pickle relish.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I shall make some ginger carrot soup. May the food gods grant me patience as I peel and grate the ginger.

(I hate wasting food )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"