Out with the old (1}

 Bye-bye 921 AGD


I renewed my State of Florida vehicle registration the other day, choosing to make the renewal for two years.  I was a bit early since the old registration  did not expire until the end of May 2015.

Much to my surprise this renewal also led to a change in my licence plate/tag/number plate.  So I have to bid farewell to

 



 

Florida Statutes (Section 320.06(1)(b)) require the replacement of all license plates every 10 years. The state of FL believes replacement is necessary because license plates must be fully reflectorized to ensure visibility for law enforcement purposes.

Under normal circumstances my plate would have not changed until 2016, i.e.  ten years after I moved from MA to FL.  But since I chose to make a renewal for two years in this year (2015) my plate number will change immediately

Damn.  Just at the time  I have learned to remember 921 AGD   I will have to memorize a new number.

Other places have better systems:

In the U.K. the registration plate stays with the vehicle, whoever owns it.

In Massachusetts the registration plate stays with the owner just so long as she/he owns any vehicle.

================================================

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"