Sarasota County (FL) has a fabulous Tax Collector.

 (Taxes are necessary and governmental offices often do "good work"  editorial comment from jmp).

We are blessed that here in Sarasota County, FL. the office of the County Tax Collector is led by a skilled woman, who leads an utterly efficient governmental department.

Her name is Barbara Ford-Coates.

Barbara happens to be a member of St. Boniface Episcopal Church on Siesta Key, FL  (where I also hang my hat most Sundays).

We rarely encounter each other, since I usually attend a Eucharist at 7:45 a.m., whilst Barbara is most often at the 11:15 a.m. Eucharist.

Our paths crossed the other Sunday.  This gave me the chance to tell Barbara that she is an excellent public servant, who runs a marvelously efficient Office.

She was grateful for my words.  She responded thus regarding her work:

1. You recruit good people.

2. You train them well.

3. Then you set them free to have fun.

Lordy, lordy  even the storied Harvard Business School could not have distilled it better!

It is a word which could/should apply to all business/non-profit/ religious operations who aim for success.

Fundamentally

1. You recruit good people.
 
2. You train them well.
 
3. Then you set them free to have fun.
 
 
 Could it be simpler, or more profound than that?
 
I think not. 
 
I salute and honour Barbara Ford-Coates for her wisdom (and for educating me).
 
 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"