Love and prayers to and for the Revd. Andrea (Andi) Suess Taylor as she begins a new ministry





St. David's in spring time


The Revd. Andrea (Andi) Suess Taylor, a faithful minister at St. Boniface Church on Siesta Key, Sarasota FL for nine years, began her new ministry as Rector at St. David's Church, South Yarmouth MA on August 15th 2016.

She will preside and preach for the first time at the Eucharists there on Sunday 21st August 2016.

I am so happy for the people of St. David's, for Andi, for her husband Jonathan and their sons Noah and Jacob.

Here is what she wrote to the people of St. David's last March

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dear People of Saint David's,

I have yet to meet most of you, but I am very excited to be called as your Rector, beginning August 15.

I am Andrea (Andi) Suess Taylor, a cradle Episcopalian and intentional follower of Jesus since my teenage years at St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Chagrin Falls, Ohio.  I was ordained a priest at All Saints', Belmont, Massachusetts in 1995,  and since then have served in Beverly and Lexington, and most recently Sarasota, Florida. I love children, animals (especially dogs), my sons Noah (20) and Jacob (17), my husband Jonathan (age withheld), Russian novels, The Lord of the RingsDr. Who, laughing at my own foibles, clambakes, and sailing.  I may have even contracted a case of "wooden boat fever" last summer while on sabbatical in Brooklyn, Maine.

In my heart of hearts, I believe we are all called to bring into being the Kingdom of God, when God's love will be all in all.  Through your search committee and vestry I have become duly impressed by the work you do in the greater community of Cape Cod.  By all accounts, St. David's is unafraid to do God's work in the world.  I have also been attracted by your strong lay leadership and responsible stewardship.  Above all, I sense your true enjoyment of each other in prayer and service.

I am thrilled to be called to join you in your holy work.  I look forward to learning all your names and getting to know your stories and your hopes for the future!

My husband Jonathan and I plan to visit before August to find a place to live.  I look forward to meeting more of you then!

Many thanks and blessings!

The Rev. Andrea Suess Taylor





Noah, Jake, Andi and Jonathan Taylor

Comments

  1. Love her and miss her and ask God's Blessing on her new ministry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"