I wish, I wish, I wish.........

........   that I could have a good night of sleep.

I am not talking about the hours,

I am talking about the quality of sleep.

FOR EXAMPLE I took to my bed at about 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday 25th Jan.  I awoke at 5:45 .a.m. this morning Jan 26th.

Sounds good eh?

But those hours were so restless.

1. My limbs have a mind of their own. I do not simply have restless leg syndrome. Both arms and both legs "jerk" like crazy, such jerking wakes me up.

2.  I call out (nay yell) in my sleep.   Those yells wake me up. Some of the yells are complete sentences.    Some are all but incoherent words.

3.  I laugh out loud in my sleep, and such laughing awakens me.

4. I worry in my sleep ( or in my restless waking periods).  For instance last night I spent semi-somnolent times all worried because I could nor mentally locate three streets in the Bedminster area of my home City of Bristol, U.K.   Where, I kept wondering, are Parson St., Phillip St., and Merrywood Road?  As if it mattered!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh for a good night's sleep, measured not by hours, but by deep refreshment fot my body, mind, and soul.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"