Fat Boy

When Zion adopted me back in January 2018 he weighed 50 lbs.

No doubt he was underweight, having spent many weeks as a stray in Lafayette, Louisiana; and in shelters in Lafayette and in Sarasota, Florida.

He and I were at the HSSC Veterinarian Clinic today to pick up some anti-flea meds.  Just for the sake of it I took him to the scale where I found out that he now weighs 73 lbs.


Fat Boy

Oh dear.  Despite our many daily long walks (most days 100 minutes in total) my dear boy is a bit over weight.  In the long term this is not good for his health.  And I want him to be my best pal for the long term.

The Veterinarian technician recommended that I should cut down on Zion's twice daily portions of kibble, whilst adding cooked carrots or green beans to fill his belly without adding calories.

Of course I will do this for the health and benefit of my best pal. 

I cannot imagine life without him.

It would also be good for me to move t'wards a more vegetable centred diet.

We all know that a healthy diet is more efficacious for weight loss than an "ton" of exercise.

'Tis true, no doubt about it.

But who can measure the emotional and spiritual benefits of a long walk with a beloved pooch?








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"