MAJOR anxiety attack yesterday morning (15th November 2018)

I wandered outside this morning at 5:45 a.m. to check on the weather before my first walk of the day with Zion.

He joined me as he usually does. 

But with no warning Zion did not stay near me as he usually does.

Instead  he took off, faster than the departures of  Anthony Scaramucci from Trumpland and  Dominic Raab from Theresa May's Cabinet.

I didn't see him move.  I heard a whoosh and then he was out of sight. Evidently there was some pest he wanted to chase out of the neighbourhood - maybe a squirrel, or a fox, or a republican.


I grabbed a flashlight and wandered about, whistling and calling his name.  He did not respond.  He was nowhere to be seen.

I did.  My response was a mental dialogue of sheer panic.

"of course he will come back"
"but what if he gets lost?"

"of course he will come back"
"But what if he gets hit by a car?"

"of course he will come back"
"but what if he gets into a fight with a possum?"

"of course he will come back"
" what time does County Animal Control open for business?"

Twenty minutes into my panic attack and got into my car and drove around the neighbourhood headlights on full beam, peering into every car port as I drove.

As I got back to my place there he was, trotting down the street, his nonchalance matching my fear.

When I got out of the car he gave me a warm and enthusiastic
 greeting.  I know what he was thinking.  "Dad, I didn't run away, you deserted me!".

We went into our home.  

I gave him a biscuit.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"