Fine Food in San Antonio

I had an all too brief visit to San Antonio, TX to see my friends Ward and Kelley Symons.  Ward grew up in Fitchburg MA where I was the Rector of the Church of the Good Shepherd 1976-1980.

By 1976 Ward had already flown the coop, but I knew and liked his parents - Les and Jesse Symons.

Much more about my San Antonio trip tomorrow (with photo's).  

For today I report that  we had lunch last Monday at one of the finest restaurants on the River Walk -  "Boudro's"




http://www.boudros.com


I chose the... CHICKEN ENCHILADAS VERDES $12 Corn tortillas filled with breast of chicken and topped with tomatillo sauce, queso fresco and sour cream with pico de gallo and black beans.

'Twas a great choice, and the food was delicious.

But after I had placed my order I watched our fine waiter as he created (table side) Boudros' utterly fresh Guacamole for guests at another table. It was a work of art.

How I wished that I had ordered Guacamole rather than Enchiladas.

Boudros' Guacamole with its fresh ingredients and various textures makes me realise that what passes for Guacamole in our local supermarkets,  is nothing better than flavoured wall paper paste


https://youtu.be/cUXIQH2pPI0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"