A Broadcaster At WGCU (Ft. Myers, Naples, Marco Island)

pronounces the name of our State as if it were





I shouldn't let this bother me, but it does!

In  similar vein a WUSF (Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota) broadcaster pronounces "con" words as "can"  - e.g. consummate becomes cansummate.  

I yell at the radio every time he does so!

I wonder if he would pronounce canticle as conticle!

tee hee -  the first four letters of my last name might rhyme with love.  Indeed some benighted folks have pronounced it as if it were puvey.  Those who do so receive a withering look and a stern warning.  

It is Povey as in Pope.

I issue similar warnings if and when people call me Mike instead of Michael.

On the other hand, for as long as I can remember people have gifted me with the nick-name Pove.

I love it -  hence my e-mail address is retiredpove at comcast.net.

(As you might guess -  I've had a very quiet day!)

luvpove


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"