WE CAN DO IT! (NALC FOOD DRIVE)

The National Association Of Letter Carriers  (NALC) is sponsoring its annual Food Drive this Saturday, May 11th.




This is the largest one day Food Drive in the United States.

I am always disappointed at the low level of response. 

Surely it is not too difficult to leave a bag of non perishable foods by your mail box, and thus make a small effort to help Stamp Out Hunger.

I always leave bags of Breakfast Cereals  ( Children don't long for Rice and Beans for Breakfast!) in the hope that some dear children will have a reasonably good start to the day.


Of course this is not the height of generosity on my part (I spent more on dinner out with friend yesterday), but I suppose that it is better than nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"