Hey ho, Hey ho, it's off to work I go



On Monday last I donned my clerical shirt and officiated at a service -  for the first time in three years.

My neighbor  Chuck O died following a long illness.  Zion and I visited him in his home from time to time.

Chuck was a "non attending Episcopalian", so his wife Kathy asked me to lead the burial prayers. I was truly moved by her request.

Chuck and Kathy are long time, and much liked residents of our neighbourhood, so there were about twenty five neighbours at the service. Accustomed to seeing me with a dog, they now saw me with a dog collar! It felt good to be back at work.

The great words of the Bible and of the Book of Common Prayer served us well as we commended Chuck to God.  

Chuck's remains are interred at the Sarasota National Cemetery.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"