Fine Dining: Steak and Kidney Pie. Kippers.

I've had a couple of cans/tins of "Fray Bentos" brand Steak and Kidney Pie in my pantry for  "I forget how many" years.

The "use by" date on the cans/tins has never bothered me because I believe the cans are made to survive for centuries  -  in fact I was planning to keep them for the end of the world.

Since we are in yet another "end of the world" crisis in these United States I decided that today was the day to crack open one of them.

Can opened, lid discarded, pie cooked at  450f for 35 minutes on a baking tray in the oven.

Then an utterly delicious lunch Steak and Kidney Pie with Collard Greens.

Anyone care to join me for leftovers?

P.S.  I had kippers for supper, with Five Bean Salad (courtesy "Sam's Club) , and sliced tomatoes.

The kippers also come in a can/tin.  They are smoked by "Bar Harbor Foods"  in the town of Whiting, Maine. 

 
A great day for British ethnic food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"