The Dog of the Month Club (or "Meeting Mr.Perfect")

First, a wee word about my post surgery health.  My strength is back and I can now cough without hurting. My appetite is returning. I had a yen for comfort food today, so I  made mac and cheese with meatballs for lunch (so unhealthy and so good). I see the Vascular Surgeon again on Wednesday.  



Yesterday I wrote a blog about the preparations I have made for when I die.  Two dear friends commented (tongue in cheek)  that they like my dog blogs much better.  I am happy to oblige! And I promise that I will not talk again about Zion for at least twenty four hours.  😛

---------------------------------------------------------------------


I visited my friend Bob L at his Retirement Community last Saturday.

I told him that I would be adopting Zion that day.

"Oh" he said (with a twinkle in his eye), "so you are still a member of the Dog of the Month club".

If you know my history with Ben the Greyhound and Izzy the Catahoula Leopard Dog you will get his humour!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have a new name for Zion.  It is "Mr. Perfect".

I am so blessed.  

* He responds perfectly to instructions.

* He walks well without pulling on the leash.

* He is house trained.

* He is very responsive to to command to sit or to ait

* He loves people.

* He is so very comfortable and happy with other dogs.

* He wants to be near me at all times.

* He is laid back and "gentle to the max"

I even allow him to sleep on the sofa.

In short, he is "Mr. Perfect", bringing so much joy to my life.

Good Lord above, I am so blessed to have Zion as my new and bestest canine friend.

Sadly my nosey parker and  opinionated neighbor B.I. ( a very lapsed pre-Vatican II  Catholic) told me that she did not like the name "Zion" because it is too Jewish. I wanted to ":take her on " but in the presence of another R.C. neighbour  I reminded  her that Jesus,Mary, Peter and Paul were Jews.

I break all the rules and allow Zion to rest and sleep on the sofa.

I took Zion to visit my friend Charlotte this afternoon. He shamelessly rolled over so that she could rub his belly. 

Char's brother in law Den is a bit afraid of dogs. But despite his face,  he loved it when Zion craved his attention.  Den's wife Karen looks om.



 I am one lucky son of a gun.  Zion is a joy and delight.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"