Zion adopted me from the Humane Society exactly two years ago today, on 20th Jan 1998


He has brought unmitigated joy to me: 

to my friends and neighbours; 

to the "regulars" we meet when walking in Sarasota's Bayfront Park and Arlington Park; 

to the memory impaired men and women at Anchin Pavilion (Sarasota), and Discovery Village (Bradenton);

to the GLBTQ young people at ALSOYouth in Sarasota;

to students at New College, Sarasota.

and the list goes on, even as my gratitude increases.





At ALSOYouth

With my Letter Carrier.


With my friends Charlotte and Ron





Zion at repose




With my great nice Bree, visiting from England.


With my recently deceased friend Betty
With my Church friend D'Arlene
With Den who was once wary of dogs.


With Jake, son of Jonathan and Andi Taylor (Andi was formerly the Assistant Rector at St. Boniface Church, Siesta Key, Sarasota.)

Two years. Twenty four months.

And nothing but two years of unmitigated joy for me; with not a few tears on account of his utter beauty.

DOG/GOD





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"