"I Know You" she said.

She said it as our paths crossed last Saturday at Bayfront Park in Sarasota.

I looked at her and thought "I think that I know you too, but I cannot place you".

She came to my rescue. She said "I took your photograph in Pittsfield MA for a local publication".  (I served in Pittsfield from 1984-2000.)

She added "well I was not the photographer, but I engaged someone to take your picture for a fund raising brochure in support of the local not for profit hospital".

As luck would have it I remembered the photo' and found it in my "archives".


It was taken inside of St. Stephen's Parish (where I was the Rector), In the brochure I had written about the value and importance of philanthropy.

Here is the kicker.  I knew and recognised the woman not because of the Pittsfield photo', but because she, her husband and I knew each other at St. Boniface Church in Sarasota. We had the "chat with each other at coffee hour" level relationship.

How odd it is that in those coffee hour conversations she never once mentioned our Pittsfield, MA connection.

There's a strong chance that she had forgotten, but that her memory came flooding back in our  "out of Church encounter" at the Park.

For St. Boniface friends: Her first name is Jennifer. Her husband's name is Woody.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"